FileMan Patch to allow 1995 M[UMPS] syntax
What the patch does
It allows FileMan's "MUMPS parser" to recognize M[UMPS] input strings that contain 1995 syntax such as
- MERGE command
- two-argument form of $ORDER and $GET
- 'alternative' pattern match syntax
- $NAME, $REVERSE, $QLENGTH, and $QSUBSCRIPT functions
What the patch doesn't do
The parser does not support certain syntax permitted by the 1995 Standard:
- namespace syntax for Global references, e.g., "^|XN|GLOBAL(SUB1,SUB2)"
- structured system variables
- syntax that wouldn't make sense in a single executable line of MUMPS code:
- Unargumented DO and "." line level indicator
- Transaction-processing commands
- Error-trapping commands and functions
How to get the patch
Click here to download a 16Kb file 'DIM.RTN'
This patch replaces the five routines DIM, DIM1, DIM2, DIM3, and DIM4 in any Version of VA FileMan. The patch is in the form of an uncompressed file, output from a DTM system ("%rsave") in "MSM/DSM" format.
Questions regarding this patch should be directed to this site, not to the VA. The patch is made available you, as a visitor to www.hardhats.org on an "as is" basis.
Home| MUMPS | Fileman | Kernel | C/S, Mailman, Web | Programmer Tools | Applications