This is a revision of the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) "VA FileMan
V. 22.0 Programmer Manual." VA FileMan Version 22.0
was released in March 1999. VA FileMan Version 22.2
was released in August 2016.
The other manuals in the VA FileMan documentation set are the:
- "VA FileMan Getting Started Manual" -- It describes the VA FileMan
features that are likely to be used by all VistA
- "VA FileMan Advanced User Manual" -- It describes the VA FileMan
features that are more likely to be used by ADP Application Coordinators
(ADPACs), Information Resource Management (IRM) staff, and other technical
Manuals in HTML
Why produce an HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) edition of the VA
- This manual, in HTML format, is useful as online
documentation support as you use VA FileMan. It allows you to instantly jump
(link) to specific topics or references online.
- These manuals are "living" documents that are periodically updated with the most current VA FileMan information (unlike paper
or printed documentation). They are updated based on new versions, patches, or
enhancements to VA FileMan.
- Presenting the manual in an HTML format on a Web server also gives
new opportunities, such as accessing embedded multimedia training material
(e.g., movies) directly in the manual itself.
- Providing manuals in a native online format (HTML) also helps
introduce HTML and Web servers to the VistA
user community as documentation platforms.
Reviewed/Updated: October 2016