Cutting the Diamond
This is a brief summary of the steps used to create the initial Diamond installation.
Keep in mind that some of the information may not be exactly what you will find
or use in your
configuration (i.e. directory paths, etc.). Lest you feel that it isn't so bad
to do this since it is but once, it turns out maintenance of Diamond is just has
hard. Over the course of our 4-6 month release cycle, a large number of
patches must be applied along with the occasional release of new software (Fileman
22, for instance).
After you have read through these steps, you will have a greater appreciation of the
Cache.dat gift that was donated to by one of your fellow Hardhat volunteers!
- Make folder ../cachesys/kernel
- Create database - Cache Utilities >> System Utilities >>
- Add to datasets - Cache Configurations >> Network
configuration >> Datasets
- Add namespace - Cache Configurations >> Network
configuration >> Namespace
- Define user account - Cache Utilities >> System
Utilities >> User Accts
- Restore KRN8.MGR and run ^ZTMGRSET
- Restore and initialize FM21.RTN (HARDHATS, 9999)
- Restore standalone KIDS and run ^XPDINIT
- Load and Install KERNEL_8_FOIA.KID
- Save ^ZUONT as ^ZU
- Reinitialize Fileman for PACKAGE file
- Restore DEVICES.GBL
- Edit CONSOLE device to correct values
- Load and install Mailman MAIL_7_1.KID
- Add an entry to SERVICE/SECTION file (Information
- Add NEW PERSON entry: MANAGER,SYSTEM as #1,
Fileman access "@",Primary menu EVE
Access code: HH1234, KEYS (various)
- Add DOMAIN HARDHATS.ORG as #1
- Enter/Edit KERNEL SITE PARAMETERS (reindex)
- Add an INSTITUTION (HARDHATS 9999)
- Enter/Edit KERNEL SYSTEM PARAMETERS (reindex)
- Enter/Edit VOLUME SET (CACHE)
- Enter/Edit TASKMAN SITE PARAMETERS
- Load and install Kernel Toolkit KTK7_3.KID
- Add DIUSER to EVE and XMUSER to XUCOMMAND
- Add PRINT MANAGER (|PRN|) and HFS devices
- Restore/install/test VPE version 9.3
- Install the CAIRO Run Time Library and GUIMail KIDs.
- Test GUIMail.
- Install the FixIT and the FixIT demo KIDs distributions.
- Test FixIT and the FixIT demo executable.
- If updating Diamond, you must apply the various patches to Fileman,
Kernel, etc. The challenge is to determine the sequencing so
patches can be applied after a required patch from another package
has been applied. Also, patches must be carefully reviewed in case the
steps for installation are out of the norm.
- Test mail delivery.
- Test the RPC Broker listener.
- Copy CACHE.DAT file and zip to KERNEL.ZIP
Search | Home
| MUMPS | Fileman | Kernel | C/S,
Mailman, Web | Programmer Tools | Applications