Extract Tool Overview
The following is an overview of the process of using the Extract Tool to
extract entries from a file:
- Identify the files and fields from which to extract data by using
information in the data dictionary listings.
- Build a
file by creating a new field for each field in the
- Select the source file entries from which data will be
extracted by creating a SEARCH/SORT template.
- Select the fields from which data will be extracted by
creating an EXTRACT template.
- Move the extracted data to the destination file by using the
Destination File option.
- Purge the selected entries from the active database.
Reviewed/Updated: March 4, 2007